Author: Anthony Kippen | Filed under: Information | Tags: BI, Business Intelligence, data, def, definition, defn, Megode | No Comments »
First attested 1961, Sandton Clinic, South Africa.
- (UK) enPR: mēgōdē, IPA: /miːgəʊdiː/, SAMPA: /mi:g@Udi:/
- (US) enPR: mēgōdē, IPA: /migəʊdi/, SAMPA: /migoUdi/
- A thing (used in a vague way to refer to something whose name one cannot recall)
Please pass me that Megode over there.
- Used to label specialized emergency room equipment by nurses in South Africa.
- A BI data-warehousing company based in Seattle Washington with South African roots.
- Used to label or describe any data schema or object whose name one cannot recall.
- doodad, doodah
- gismo, gizmo
- thingamabob, thingmabob, thingumabob, thingummabob
- thingamajig, thingmajig, thingumajig, thingummajig
- whaddayacallit, whatchamacallit
- da kine (local Hawaiian slang)